Less traumatizing operations, rapid recovery times and less relapses
The Clinica San Francesco is one of the best specialized centre for foot surgery. It has a specific and dedicated staff for minimally invasive foot surgery that can apply the most innovative and advanced procedures, even thanks to the constant collaboration with forefront centres.
Furthermore the new technologies (corrective percutaneous surgery; cutters to perform state of the art bone and low number of turns resections for avoiding the tissues overheating; dedicated instruments to a less traumatizing surgical gesture; state of the art fluoroscopy) allow to develop minimally invasive surgical solutions for treatment of most foot diseases.
In most cases the foot operation is carried out in local or trunkal anesthesia with patient’s discharge during the day.
Our staff uses the most suitable procedures for the specific clinic case and is specialized in the following procedures:
- minimally invasive percutaneous surgery for hallux valgus and hammer finger
- minimally invasive percutaneous correction of hammer finger
- correction of metatarsophalangeal joint diseases
- arthroscopic treatment of rigid hallux
- arthroscopic or open treatment of Haglund calcaneus
- metatarsophalangeal joint prosthesis implant
- calcaneal osteotomy
- correction of young and adult flatfoot
- arthrodesis of midtarsal and subtalar joint
- synthesis of fractures
- treatment of Morton’s neuroma with percutaneous or open phenolization
In foot bones deviation corrections (hammer fingers and hallux valgus) the new percutaneous procedure, defined “De Prado” (its creator) permits a considerable calcification times and postoperative painful symptomatology reduction, thanks to a minimally invasive approach both on soft tissues and bone.
There are also several treatments of first midtarsal phalangeal rigidity (rigid hallux, often post-surgical) through the foot arthroscopic technique (introduction by small incisions of a mini tube to which a video camera is attached allowing to watch enlarged on screen the various inner joint structures) with 90% of positive results.