The tecar therapy (Transfer of Energy Capacitive and Resistitive) , started in Spain in the late 90’s and successively widespread in Italy, represents an ideal instrumental therapy for the pain reduction since first sessions. Indeed the tecar therapy uses the condenser effect to generate a high-frequency magnetic field permitting to accelerate the cells repairing processes, acting on the membrane potential and so contributing to an outstanding reduction of rehabilitation times.
Thanks to the capacitive and resistive modalities, the action of tecar therapy can be addressed to different profundities and on several tissues, as the muscle, tendon, ligamentous, vascular and lymphatic one, favoring the resorption of hematomas, reducing the inflammation and improving the local circulation.
The tecar therapy is indicated in all the pathologies causing an inflammatory condition of tissues as:
- articular pains: arthrosis, sprains, traumas
- swelling and postoperative or post-traumatic edema
- backaches, sciatica
- neck pain, dorsalgiae
- muscle lesions as contractures, stretching and pulled muscles
- tendon lesions or tendinopathies, ligamentous lesions
- chronic arthralgias from various origins